Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Today is PIVOT POINT Day!

When I first started writing this post, on such an illustrious occasion as Pivot Point Day, I found myself reduced to manic, semi-incoherant exclamations like: THIS BOOK! BUY IT! READ! WILL LOVE!
 

Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of myself. I find it so very appropriate that PIVOT POINT arrives just days before Valentines Day. Why? Because in addition to having a fantastic, pulse-pounding mystery, PIVOT POINT positively crackles with romantic chemistry. Crackles, people. It crackles. Here are a few reasons why:

1. Amazing Characters
YA needs more main characters like Addie. She's smart and kind and FUNNY. I love her. If I were a dude, I'd totally ask her out. But I happen to be a female, and therefore, I was busy swooning over the boys in this book. THE BOYS, OH THE BOYS! Duke and Trevor feel completely real and completely lovable in their different ways. I want to wrap Trevor up and take him home with me. (How about it, Kasie? I can have him, right?)

2. Spectacular Dialogue
 Long ago, I proclaimed Kasie West the Unquestioned Queen of Witty Dialogue. There's really not much more I can say about it than that. She's. The. Best. Reading PIVOT POINT, I laughed out loud many times and smiled pretty much the entire time.

3. The Most Inventive Love Triangle Set-up You'll Read
Like I said before, both of the boys register almost dangerous levels of swoon-worthiness. And Kasie presents us with a love triangle that's so fresh and fun, it's the perfect cure for any reader that might be feeling a case of love-triangle fatigue.

4. Lots of These Moments

















People, PIVOT POINT is everything I've promised and more. It's truly a fantastic book. And the PERFECT gift for Valentines Day. In fact, I've already planned out a Valentine's Day date with your special someone. Buy PIVOT POINT and one box of chocolate. Cuddle up and read PIVOT POINT while eating said chocolate. Sparks. Will. Fly. That's a promise.

14 comments:

  1. Kasie, you have written an incredible book, and it's awesome that it's finally out in the world for everyone to enjoy. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Renee! I totally agree with all your points. :) So happy for you, Kasie! Now peoples all over America shall be reading and loving Pivot Point! Huzzah! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!!! LOVE KASIE!!!! SO HAPPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! Pivot Point is epic and amazing and wonderful and ... God, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit on ALL the reasons why PP is so amazing. LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!! Huge congrats, Kasie!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kasie, I'm so darn happy for you and your awesome book. Congrats, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! PIVOT POINT is so incredibly fresh. When I told my district librarian about it she just stopped what she was doing and went... "Wow...that's new." And trust me, it's pretty hard to get a YA librarian to use the word "new."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Renee! And Kasie, you know I absolutely adore your book and am so excited for you!! Can't wait to see pics from the launch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I'm getting all teary over here. You are the best, Renee!! You know you got me through submission with this book. It was your voice telling me all these things in my head that kept me sane. Love you tons, lady. And thank you thank you, everyone for your support. I'm so nervous and slightly manic today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me all kinds of happy to know I was the voice of assurance in your head. :) Man, I was SO RIGHT, haha

      Delete
  10. I am so stoked to read this! (Are we still saying stoked? Nevermind. I'm stoked either way.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *blasts off massive confetti cannon*

    KASIE I AM SO DARN HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Hooray for Pivot Point! Hooray for Addy! Hooray for everyone that is going to fall in love with this book. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I JUST LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! Congrats Kasie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Kasie! So happy everyone else will get to read and love PIVOT POINT as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete