Friday, October 11, 2013

Ellen Picass-Oh takes a dare

Hello everyone! So I'm usually on the group tumblr these days (if you haven't checked it out - go here) but I came in to do a dare and make a fool of myself once again. So this dare is great if you are a fantastic artist, like all 3 of my kids. But not so great if you have problems drawing a straight line or a circle. Which would clearly be me. Knowing my inability to draw, Elsie dared me to draw my MC, Kira from Prophecy. And I foolishly took the challenge!

Here was my first attempt. It was important for me to make sure I was accurate by including the yellow eyes and a bow and arrow. The boots were just a special extra I did. But my youngest came by and berated me for drawing her naked. 

 So I gave her some clothes and a sword. But then apparently my middle daughter came by and asked me if I was drawing a sailor. Damn it, she is not a sailor! So my youngest said, put her on a horse!


 My oldest shows up because of the shrieks of laughter emanating from my room and she takes a look and says "why is she riding a platypus?" At this point, I decided to call it a night and loaded up my self-portrait.

They have now taken to calling me Mama Smurf.

And BTW - here's how real artists do it:

 Kira by our very own and extraordinarily talented Natalie Whipple.

Another Kira by the amazing Joni who blogs at Lace and Fog Authoress. 

From now on, I shall leave the art to the artists!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Ellen, your horse reminds me of Kate Beaton's Shetland pony! http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=131

    And Natalie and Joni's illustrations are amazing. Such good tigers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexa! That pony is too cute! Maybe I CAN draw! :o)
      And yes, isn't their artwork amazing? I'm so in awe!!!

      Delete